Today, Intel is recognizing 35 suppliers for their exceptional commitment to quality in 2017. While providing superior products and services, these suppliers have collaborated with Intel to overcome global supply chain challenges while implementing innovative process improvements and serving with the highest level of integrity.
Intel has three levels of supplier recognition: the Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) award, the Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) award and the Supplier Achievement Award (SAA). The awards are part of Intel’s SCQI program, which encourages Intel’s key suppliers to strive for best-in-class levels of excellence and continuous improvement. Intel will be expanding the SCQI program to include a new safety recognition. In 2018, the SCQI program was expanded to recognize Intel’s suppliers’ achievements in diversity leadership and world-class safety program performance. Additional information about the SCQI program is available at Intel’s Supplier Quality Portal.
Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement Award
The SCQI award is Intel’s most prestigious recognition and signifies an elite performance in all critical management systems supporting quality, cost, availability, technology, customer service and sustainability. These partners are industry role models and provide unparalleled supply chain support.
The seven companies recognized with Intel’s 2017 SCQI award include:
- DISCO Corporation*: cutting, grinding and polishing equipment and services
- JLL*: integrated facilities management services (SCQI with Distinguished Performance in Supplier Diversity)
- Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc.*: high-performance thermal thin film processing solutions (SCQI with Distinguished Performance in Safety)
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc.*: super pure ammonium hydroxide and custom formulations
- Murata Machinery Ltd.*: automated material handling systems, hoist vehicles and stockers
- SUMCO Corporation*:200 mm and 300 mm epitaxial and polished silicon wafers
- VWR*: global distributor specializing in micro contamination consumables and on-site services
The SCQI award distinguishes best-in-class standards of service, responsibility and integrity. To qualify for SCQI status, suppliers must exceed the highest expectations and aggressive performance goals while scoring at least 95 percent on an integrated report card that assesses performance throughout the year. Suppliers must also achieve 90 percent or greater on a challenging improvement plan and demonstrate outstanding quality and business systems.
“Congratulations to all the companies receiving Intel’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement awards,” said Sohail Ahmed, senior vice president and general manager of the Technology and Manufacturing Group at Intel. “Each of them has demonstrated a deep commitment to quality and constant improvement across their operations. These suppliers play a critical role in collaborating with us and supporting our relentless pursuit of Moore’s Law as Intel invents and delivers the technology foundation for the future of computing.”
Preferred Quality Supplier Award
The 21 companies recognized with Intel’s 2017 PQS award include:
- Applied Materials Inc.*: fab equipment, spares and services
- ASM International N.V.*: leading-edge semiconductor materials deposition technology solutions and support
- Carl Zeiss SMT GmbH*: semiconductor photomask solutions (mask repair, metrology, tuning systems)
- Daewon Semiconductor Packaging Industrial Co. Ltd.*: plastic injection molded trays, bare die tape and reel
- FUJIFILM Electronic Materials*: formulated chemicals, developers, precursors, slurries and advanced photoresists
- Fujimi Corporation*: innovative and enabling CMP slurry technologies
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation*: fab etch and metrology equipment
- JSR Corporation*: advanced photoresists, wet cleans and C4 materials
- KLA-Tencor*: process control capital equipment and services
- Lam Research Corporation*: semiconductor manufacturing equipment in the etch, deposition and cleans areas (PQS with Distinguished Performance in Supplier Diversity)
- ModusLink Global Solutions*: value-added and forward logistics services
- The PEER Group Inc.*: factory automation software solutions
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics*: flip chip ball grid array (FCBGA) substrate
- Senju Metal Industry Co. Ltd.*: solder and related materials
- Shin Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd.*: silicon wafers, advanced photoresists, photomask blanks and thermal conductive materials
- Siltronic AG*: polished and epitaxial silicon wafers
- Tokyo Electron Limited*: coater/developer, dry etch systems, wet etch systems, thermal processing systems, deposition systems and test systems
- Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Co. Ltd.*: photo resists, developers, cleaning solutions and supporting high purity chemistries
- Tosoh Quartz Inc.*: quartzware for semiconductor wafer processing equipment
- Tosoh SMD*: development and manufacturing of high purity sputtering targets
- Veolia*: hazardous waste management and recycling
The PQS award recognizes suppliers that relentlessly pursue excellence and conduct business with resolute professionalism. To qualify for PQS status, suppliers must exceed high expectations and uncompromising performance goals while scoring at least 80 percent on an integrated report card that assesses performance throughout the year. Suppliers must also achieve 80 percent or greater on a challenging continuous improvement plan and demonstrate solid quality and business systems.
“Companies receiving this year’s Intel Preferred Quality Suppliers award have consistently demonstrated executional excellence and constant innovation with a keen focus on quality and technology affordability,” said Ann Kelleher, senior vice president and general manager of the Technology and Manufacturing Group at Intel. “Congratulations to each of them for this achievement and the important role they play in helping Intel deliver essential technologies for our increasingly smart, connected world.”
Supplier Achievement Award
Seven companies were honored with Intel’s 2017 Supplier Achievement Award for specific recognition in one performance area. These companies provided outstanding contributions leading to a significant improvement for Intel business.
- Air Liquide*: Availability
- Arvato SCM Solutions*: Availability
- FormFactor Inc.*: Availability
- KellyOCG*: Supplier Diversity
- Nikon Corporation*: Technology
- Powertech Technology Inc.*: Availability
- Schneider Electric*: Cost
Three companies were honored for diversity or safety. These companies were elite in role-modeling behaviors with their workforce, investing in and implementing relevant programs, maintaining transparency and supporting spending in the supply chain.
- JLL and Lam Research Corporation were honored for Distinguished Performance in Supplier Diversity.
- Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc. was honored for Distinguished Performance in Safety.
Collaboration is at the core of any successful supply chain. The 2017 SCQI, PQS and SAA winners provide an exceptional collaboration contributing to the success of Intel.Nguồn: newsroom.intel.com